|Traded as||NYSE: TUP|
S&P 600 Component
|Industry||Consumer Products, multi-level marketing, Household goods|
|Headquarters||Kissimmee, Florida, United States|
|Patricia Stitzel, CEO|
|Products||Food Storage, Kitchen Preparation, Serving, Microwave, On-the-Go, Baking, Cookware, Cutlery, cosmetics, personal care products|
|Revenue||$2,300.4 million (2010) |
|US$326.5 million (2010)|
|US$225.6 million (2010)|
|Total assets||US$2,015.8 million (2010)|
|Total equity||US$789.8 million (shareholders' equity) (2010)|
Number of employees
Tupperware Brands Corporation, formerly Tupperware Corporation, is an American multinational multi-level marketing company. Its main focus is kitchen and household products, particularly plastic containers for food storage and preparation. By extension, plastic food containers in general are often referred to as Tupperware.
In 2010, the company was ranked equal #2 in Fortune's Most Admired Home equipment and furnishings section.
Tupperware Brands Corporation was founded as The Tupperware Company in 1946 in South Grafton, Massachusetts by Earl Tupper. In 1958, Tupper sold The Tupperware Company for $16 million to Rexall, and the company's headquarters were moved to Kissimmee, Florida. In December 2005, Tupperware Corporation changed its name to Tupperware Brands Corporation to reflect the company's increasing product diversity.
In 2020 Tupperware Brands Corp. appointed Miguel Fernandez as a new chief executive, who previously served in executive positions at Avon Products Inc. and Herbalife Nutrition Ltd., as CEO. He will take over the top position at the company April 6.
A decade after starting business in the United States, Tupperware expanded into Europe. By 1965, the company had a presence in six European countries, and then launched in Singapore, Japan, and Australia. Tupperware also had sales offices in Africa and Latin America before 1970. After that, Tupperware Brands expanded to almost 100 countries around the world under seven brands connected to it: the brands Tupperware, Avroy Shlain, BeautiControl, Fuller, NaturCare, Nutrimetics, and Nuvo.
In 2008, due to its success in developing the brand's name in China, India, and Indonesia, Tupperware received awards for "Most Favored Brand by Women" and "Company with the Best Corporate Face."
- "Board of Directors – Tupperware Brands Corporation". Tupperware Brands Corporation. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- "Form 10-K Annual Report". Tupperware Inc. Archived from the original on 2012-07-27.
- "MLMs Are A Nightmare For Women And Everyone They Know".
- "Theresa May: 'Geoffrey Boycott has still got my Tupperware'".
Theresa May has revealed Geoffrey Boycott still has her Tupperware after she delivered him a batch of home-made brownies.
- "Most Admired Industries". CNN. March 22, 2010.
- Writer, Mark Chediak, Sentinel Staff. "Tupperware alters its name". nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Hope, Katie (2017-02-15). "Tupperware: How the 1950s party model conquered the world". BBC News. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Tupperware Brands | Worldwide Presence". Archived from the original on 17 December 2011. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Tupperware Receives Coveted Awards for Top Brand Recognition in Three Markets".
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|