This user is no longer an active participant in the Cleanup Taskforce. Please do not assign task to this desk.
|Desk Queue: 0|
|Areas of Expertise
- Go through all the open Cleanup Taskforce issues.
- Find issues that are waiting for double-checking to be closed; double-check them and close as appropriate.
- Find isses that have not been touched for 30 days or more, and reassign them to a different taskforce member. (Preferably someone who has expressed interest in the subject, has room on their queue, and is an active editor.)
- Initial assignment to User:Randy_Johnston/Desk. -- Beland 03:15, 15 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I completed Round 1 of the meta refresh by removing all entries that were submitted before May from the main page and moving it to the closed page that I thought have made a significant improvement since they were submitted. I also changed the templates on the talk pages to the closed mode. --Randy 02:21, 16 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Round 2 and 3 completed by properly closing items that were completed through May. Also, the main WP:TASK page was cleaned and not necessary things were removed. All of the items submitted before May 15th still need to be given to another user's desk. Randy Johnston 19:29, 17 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Passing on to User:Linuxbeak/Desk. Please try to get all tasks submitted before June either completed or deemed closed. Thanks! We seem to have some members who have just forgot about their CT duties. --Randy 22:02, 9 July 2005 (UTC)
- I have just closed everything that was finished in April, May, or June, and left notes on people's talk pages where they haven't done anything in over 30 days. After a reasonable amount of time, if people don't respond to personal messages, they can be marked as inactive members and their tasks reassigned. -- Beland 06:37, 7 August 2005 (UTC)
There is now a backlog of articles to be assigned. I started in on them, but I have a lot of things on my plate at the moment, and I could use some help. The first to be assigned should probably be the ones already listed here. But it's worth noting that there are 618 articles under Category:Cleanup by month from 2004 alone, which is more than enough to fill everyone's desk to capacity. I think it would actually be a good idea to do that. The fact that some people don't have anything to work on probably means we are losing out on harnessing their volunteer energy.
- Added to User:Trevor macinnis/Desk, User:Andreww/Desk, and User:Tony Sidaway/Desk, since there's a lot of work to be done. -- Beland 04:38, 28 August 2005 (UTC)
There is no longer much of a backlog of tasks needing to be assigned, but we have been working on some tasks for rather a long time. I think it is worth keeping this meta-task open so that we can avoid the development of a big queue and keep things moving along.
I don't think it is sensible to keep this task on any desk for so long so I am assigning it to User:RJFJR's desk - but would be happy to take it back at a later date if needed. As of now this task is therfore on the desks of User:Tony Sidaway and User:RJFJR. Have fun! Andreww 05:35, 16 October 2005 (UTC)
Are you actually active and awaiting assignments? There are many open and assigned tasks that have stagnated. It would be sensible to reassign these to active members of the cleanup taskforce, but it is not immediately clear who these people might be.
If you are not active, please consider removing your details from the members lists. Otherwise, please add yourself to the following list (edit here). If you are currently assigned a task that you do not wish to (or can not) complete, please remove it from your desk and add it to this list.
August 2006 confirmations
- The Talking Sock talk contribs 21:33, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- --Thelb4 06:34, 12 August 2006 (UTC)
- -Tim Rhymeless (Er...let's shimmy) 09:20, 14 August 2006 (UTC)
- -DJW2tone 16:26, 17 August 2006 (UTC)
- Canderson7 (talk) 13:11, 24 August 2006 (UTC)
October 2006 Confirmations
- Nonstopdrivel (Desk) - Brand new to CT and rarin' to go.
- Gronkmeister | Talk/ Contrib 14:46, 4 October 2006 (UTC) - Ready to help! My Desk is waiting.
- Alex Nisnevich
December 2006 Confirmations