This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was ambiguous.
I count 9 clear "delete" votes, 3 clear "keep" votes and 3 clear "merge" votes. The opinion of the nominator is, in this case, ambigous. While there is a clear majority to delete, there is not the overwhelming concensus necessary to carry out deletion. The decision defaults to keep for now. Rossami (talk) 07:17, 13 Mar 2005 (UTC)
More pseudo-professor-cruft? Are stubs regarding non-existent and fictitious professors inherently encyclopedic? With 280 unique google hits  what makes this "person" notable? Does Wikipedia hold a biased and lower standard for inclusion of Pokémon professors than they would for actual professors of note in the real world? Discuss. GRider\talk
- Delete, minor fictious character, pokemon fancruft. Megan1967 01:21, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Merge to a page on Pokemon characters. -Sean Curtin 03:54, Feb 25, 2005 (UTC)
- No reason not to merge. Meelar (talk)
- Delete: fancruft. Wile E. Heresiarch 07:54, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Not notable info. ComCat 09:02, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Pokecruft. --Bucephalus 14:34, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Non-noteable fancruft. Martg76 19:34, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Keep. Birch is a very notable character in the Pokémon universe, as, like Oak, Elm, and Ivy, the character sets up the premise of most of AG. kelvSYC 17:53, 26 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Merge to a page about Pokémon professors. Sinistro 00:20, 27 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Keep c.f. Professor Oak. This page can presumeably be expanded.--ZayZayEM 12:47, 28 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. Non-notable fancruft. Indrian 04:33, Mar 1, 2005 (UTC)
- Keep The Recycling Troll 09:40, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete. More pokemon fancruft. Maybe merbe a sentence or two somewhere. This pokemon crap needs serious cleaning up. -R. fiend 17:57, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete pokecruft. —Korath (Talk) 05:48, Mar 2, 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.