|Queen of Palenque|
Sak Kʼukʼ in 615
|Reign||October, 612 – 615|
|Predecessor||Kʼinich Janaab Pakal (position uncertain) or Ajen Yohl Mat|
|Successor||Kʼinich Janaab Pakal I|
|Died||citation needed]September 12, 640[|
|Spouse||Kʼan Moʼ Hix|
|Issue||Kʼinich Janaab Pakal I|
Ajen Yohl Mat?
|Father||Kʼinich Janaab Pakal|
|Mother||Yohl Ikʼnal or unknown|
Sak Kʼukʼ[N 1] also known as Muwaan Mat, Lady Sak Kʼukʼ and Lady Beastie (died 640), was queen of the Maya city-state of Palenque. She acceded to the throne in October, 612 and ruled until 615.[N 2]
Her father was Janahb Pakal and her mother was Yohl Ikʼnal or unknown. As Janaab Pakal seems to have had no male heirs, she ascended to the throne on 19 October 612, a few months after her father's death. After his maturity, her son Kʼinich Janaab Pakal I succeeded her as ruler on 18.104.22.168.8 5 Lamat 1 Mol. She seems to have continued to wield considerable influence over Palenque in the early decades of her son's reign. For example, Sak Kʼukʼ is recorded on Pakal's sarcophagus lid as the ruler who celebrated the sealing of the Kʼatun on 22.214.171.124.0 (25 January 633 AD). She was probably mother of Ajen Yohl Mat.
- The ruler's name, when transcribed is ?-[MUWA꞉N]MAT.
- These are the dates indicated on the Maya inscriptions in Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, Acceded: 126.96.36.199.18 9 Etzʼnab 6 Keh.
- Skidmore, Joel (2010). The Rulers of Palenque (PDF) (Fifth ed.). Mesoweb Publications. p. 67. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Skidmore, Joel (2010). The Rulers of Palenque (PDF) (Fifth ed.). Mesoweb Publications. pp. 56–57. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Skidmore 2010, p. 71.
- Martin & Grube 2008, pp. 162-168.
- Skidmore, Joel (2010). The Rulers of Palenque (PDF) (Fifth ed.). Mesoweb Publications. pp. 67–70. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Martin, Simon; Nikolai Grube (2008). Chronicle of the Maya Kings and Queens: Deciphering the Dynasties of the Ancient Maya (2nd ed.). London and New York: Thames & Hudson. pp. 159–161. ISBN 9780500287262. OCLC 191753193.
Janahb Pakal (position uncertain) or Ajen Yohl Mat
| Queen of Palenque
October 19, 612 – 615
Kʼinich Janaab Pakal I